Our friends at Social Media Examiner just released their 2012 Social Media Marketing Industry Report. This survey with 3800 marketers, half of whom work for B2B companies, uncovers the “who, what, where, when and why” of social media marketing. While there is lots of great information inside, and definitely worth a read, I wanted to share the top 10 questions that marketers want answered. This was an open-ended question on the survey. Results were compiled into common themes and ranked in order of popularity: measure, target, engage, sell, time, strategy, tactics, tools, use and selection.
Top 10 Social Media Marketing Questions
1. How do I measure the effect of social media marketing on my business?
2. How do I find my target audience with social media?
3. What are the best ways to engage my audience?
4. How do I sell with social media?
5. How should I best use my time to maximize my social media results?
6. How do I create a social media strategy?
7. What social media tactics are the most effective?
8. What are the best social media management tools?
9. How do I use the different social media platforms?
10. How do I select the right social platform for my business?
The top two questions, about measuring and finding your target audience, accounted for 40% of the responses. As a B2B marketer, are these your top questions about social media marketing?