Many B2B companies start their social media adoption with Twitter because it seems to be the easiest platform to jump right in without a plan. Let’s start twittering, the boss says. And the junior marketer complies.
With that in mind, this post offers 10 helpful tips for B2B marketers who are running the company Twitter account. If you are just starting out, these are good things to know. If you are an old hand at Twitter, there might be something here that is a good reminder. And just to keep things interesting, each one of these tips will be tweetable. Just copy and paste into your favorite Twitter client and update. Sharing these tips could be a good way to add some value your Twitter followers.
1. Use industry keywords in your Twitter bio. #twittertips #smb2b
2. Create unique landing pages to track clicks for Twitter bio links instead of displaying short URLs. #twittertips #smb2b
3. Find and follow industry leaders through directories, lists and other users. #twittertips #smb2b
4. Follow general news sources, trade publications and associations for the latest information to share. #twittertips #smb2b
5. Share third-party content from people, blogs and news sources that provides value to your followers. #twittertips #smb2b
6. Post links to company blog posts more than once. Test and track different tweets. #twittertips #smb2b
7. Pay attention to the time of day your audience is most engaged by tracking clicks and retweets. #twittertips #smb2b
8. Tweet offers and links to your landing pages to generate leads. It’s okay. You are a business. #twittertips #smb2b
9. Don’t overuse hashtags, especially ones that are abused with spam or never used. #twittertips #smb2b
10. Periodically encourage followers to subscribe to company email newsletter. #twittertips #smb2b
What are some of your best Twitter tips? Share them below.