I spoke with John Blue of Truffle Media at Blogworld about what he does within a B2B niche using social media. He produces regular audio shows, also called podcasts, for the agriculture industry, as well as video podcasts of conference presentations. Each show is targeted to a specific niche within the ag industry and he sends regular email updates alerting his audience about the latest episodes. He also uses Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to keep in touch with his audience.
Highlights from our conversation:
- Due to the pervasive use of technology within this niche industry, Truffle Media has provided content in a form that allows the target audience to easily consume it.
- Create a podcast by recording and editing an audio file. Upload it and embed it in a blog post. Share the link. Go to Podcast411.com for more details about creating podcasts.
- Use industry experts to build a reputation for your podcast. And this takes time.
- Truffle Media’s email newsletter is the primary way they spread word about the new shows.
- Twitter and LinkedIn are also useful in expanding their voice, however, Facebook has not been very effective.