We are now 8 days into the new year and it is the end of the first work week. Just when you thought all this talk about resolutions was over, here’s another post about it. Gym attendance has already dropped off, but work is just getting started.
It’s always a bit of a slog coming back from a holiday break, but now it’s time to really get yourself energized for some great B2B marketing in 2016. With that in mind, here are some B2B social media marketing resolutions to meet those goals for the year. Oh, and remember that plan you made at the end of the year? It probably has a lot of good ideas in it. The trick is that you have to dig it back out of that drawer and follow it.
1. Establish measurable goals that everyone agrees to.
These are goals that other marketers are also trying to achieve. And yes, there are two parts to this one.
2. Use social media to generate engagement and grow your audience.
More followers is not a goal.
3. If you don’t yet have a blog, start one.
This is the best way to get new customers and serve existing ones.
4. If you have a blog, post one more day a week.
If you are already posting every business day of the week, you can skip this one.
5. Think about social media in the context of lead generation.
It’s what B2B marketers have always been responsible for.
6. Consider calls-to-action a required part of the process.
You can’t drive traffic to landing pages without them.
7. Create a simple metrics dashboard that tracks progress towards your goals.
Excel is ok, but something that lives in a collaborative space is better.
8. Overcommunicate your plans and successes.
Good marketing should be shouted from the rooftops.
9. B2B marketing should be all about your customers.
Don’t focus on your products or services.
10. Be positive, even in the face of adversity.
It’s too easy to get down or be negative when things don’t go your way. Be the shining example. Your co-workers will thank you.
Bonus: Eat better, exercise more, lose weight, spend more time with family and friends.
These will actually help you do your job better. Consider this your pep talk.
Share your own B2B social media marketing resolutions below or on Twitter with the hashtag #B2Bresolutions.
Photo credit: Flickr