B2B marketers are looking for ways to improve their social media marketing results, and one of the platforms that helps with that is LinkedIn. Many B2B companies have seen success on the professional social network by getting employees to represent the company in addition to their own experiences, managing company pages and even running industry groups.
Below are 20 tips that will help with many aspects of LinkedIn, both personal and for your company. Each one of the tips has a link to the original source, so many more tips can be found by clicking through and reading more. If you have other great tips for B2B companies, please share them in the comments below.
1. Use a professional-looking photo that is tight and well-lit with limited background distractions. (Source)
2. Customize your website listings. (Source)
3. Use LinkedIn to follow up after other communications. (Source)
4. Teach LinkedIn strategy and tactics to your employees. (Source)
5. Endorse others first and endorse fairly. (Source)
6. Choose keywords in your company description that your potential customers might look for. (Source)
7. Target your posts by Industry or Location. (Source)
8. Build followers for your LinkedIn company page. (Source)
9. Amplify through your network. (Source)
10. Monitor and focus your efforts. (Source)
11. Use “Tags” to categorize your connections. (Source)
12. When you think it could benefit your business, ask your contacts for introductions to their contacts. (Source)
13. Understand the psychological needs of people on LinkedIn when connecting with them. (Source)
14. Have sales reps join industry and local LinkedIn Groups. (Source)
15. The best groups have discussion topics that do not always begin with blog article links. (Source)
16. Send messages to a large number of people for free. (Source)
17. Target searches for keywords you’ve identified as central to your business. (Source)
18. Create free banners on your products/services page. (Source)
19. Each element must attract the audience you’re targeting and inspire people to click on the ad. (Source)
20. Create a special landing page just for LinkedIn ads. (Source)
What are some things you have done to grow your B2B network or expand your company’s presence on LinkedIn?